Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Little TD!

I can hardly believe it! My little baby boy is now 3 years old! How time flies when you're having fun!


We had his party last Saturday. He had a couple of friends over and we had a Thomas the Train party for him. It was a blast. We all had so much fun and ate lots of cake! I think his favorite toys so far are Elizabeth the bus (from Thomas & Friends), his Thomas play tent and his Thomas rolling backpack!

Mr. TD talked me into making him a cake shaped like Thomas! I searched the internet and found a tutorial created by one of the homeschool bloggers I like to read. She walked me through step by step how to create it. Here's the creation process:







He loved it. This picture made all of the work worth it!


Oh, and for those of you interested in numbers, he is 39-1/2" tall and weighs 38 lbs. He is 3/4" shorter than Princess TD at the same age, but his feet are 2 sizes bigger! I think he'll be taller than she is soon!

Happy Birthday Little Man! We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you are in the cake baking business? Just kidding but not really since my son's first birthday is coming up! I am so amazed at your level of talents. That cake is awesome! I am blown away.

edensfamily said...

great job on the cake:) you will have to tell us how long it took you.

Mrs TD said...

I baked the cake Wed afternoon before church. When we got home, I cut it into the 4.5" strips and put it in the freezer. Friday morning I made 3 batches of homemade buttercream frosting and did my colors. I started actual assembly around 11 am, and with breaks for lunch, dinner, and to let the icing set, I finished shortly after I put the kids down for bed. It was pretty much an all day thing!