Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Guess What Princess TD Got for Christmas..

..strep throat! She woke up yesterday from her nap feeling sluggish, complaining of a sore throat and really just not herself. She ended up playing for a bit, but then when I went to kiss her goodnight, she felt hot. I took her temp and it was 100F. I gave her medicine for the fever and checked her again this morning. I got her in to see the pediatrician and he confirmed strep. He did say that is good news because with antibiotics she will not be contagious in 24 hours. Let's just hope that none of the rest of us get sick before it's all said and done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is going on around here? Everyone's kids that I know are getting sick! I am praying for you all. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, you know last year Lil'er E. had RSV for Christmas, this year he has a cold, but that is nothing compared to last year. I'll be praying that she gets better soon and none of the rest of you get it.

Mrs. E

JSue said...

Bummer! Did you get some meds for Little TD, too? Sometimes our Ped. will give us a prescription for both the girls...just to be sure.

Well, thank goodness it happened soon enough you can still celebrate like you had planned. We'll pray she feels better when she wakes...and that the rest of you stay well.

LYLAS - JSUE

Mrs TD said...

Thanks for the prayers. Princess TD is feeling better and is more herself after 3 doses of medicine.

JSue, the Ped. wouldn't prescribe for Little TD too, but he did say I could give him some of Princess TD's until we could get in if he got sick.

Mrs. E, RSV is going around this year too, and I am so glad that's not what she has or we wouldn't be able to visit my sister and hopefully my new neice.

Heather Edmonds said...

I am glad to hear that Princess TD is feeling better. My little Luke is sick as well and we spent Christmas Eve morning in the doctor office, and the verdict was tonsillitis. Blessings to you all and I hope that Princess TD is feeling 100% very soon, and Little TD doesn't catch it. Merry Christmas!