Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We've cleaned up our act

or at least our house and yard. We spent our day today cleaning up the debris in our yard and getting things back to somewhat normal. I did a few loads of laundry to clean up our smelly towels and clothes and changed all of our sheets. I know, it's really just your everyday mundane things, but it feels more normal.

What doesn't feel normal is the long lines to get into stores, get gas or any other supplies. We are well stocked for food and water, but at some point we will need milk and diapers. I am just not up to fighting for these things with a couple of million other folks who are out of these things too. I am so blessed to have my family safe and comfortable, my home intact and electricity! I don't want to leave my little place of peace to enter into the madness.

No comments: