Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting back to normal

Well, things are starting to get back to normal around here. The lines at the gas stations are getting shorter. The grocery stores still aren't fully stocked, but it's getting closer day by day. It is amazing how spoiled we all are. We take so much for granted living here. We are all so wealthy, have an abundance of food, water and electricity (even for those here who are still without power). I am reminded how truly blessed we are to have our home, food, water, power, cars, and on and on. We have wonderful family and friends and are blessed to have them in our lives.

For those of you wondering, we haven't officially done school for 2 weeks now. Everyday is a learning experience here. We have been working on writing, spelling and reading almost daily. We have found a couple of intact dead bugs, a cicada, a butterfly, and of course the zillions of love bugs flying around. So there's our science. Math just seems to always make it's way into our daily lives. I guess it's just the engineers in us! Even though we had only had school for 5 weeks before this break, I can tell that we both miss that time. Even Little TD is asking for school again. I suppose it had become more of our life than I had realized. So, I will be spending some time this weekend preparing to begin again on Monday.

Please pray for all of our friends who are still displaced by the storm, without power, or who have lost their roofs. Any of our friends who might be reading this who are without power, you are welcome to come to our house for a warm meal, or to do laundry. We would love to share our electricity with you! (Oh, and we do have detergent now!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to say those words.."getting back to normal." You are right we do take so much for granted. Now, I am wondering maybe I can cut back on my electric bill since I have endured the heat! They are saying after next Thursday. I hope to see you soon friend!