Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

This has been a crazy week in the TD Family. Which week isn't right? So I thought I would update you with a few of the happenings.

  • We had a great Easter with our little family. We went to church, came home to the smell of lunch cooking and had a wonderful, quiet meal together. After lunch, we ventured out into the pouring rain to go to a friends house for dessert. By the time we reached their house, the sun was shining and it was cool. So we had dessert outside, around the pool, watching our kids play. It was a great day to celebrate our Savior.

  • Monday morning, I was cleaning up the Easter decorations in the attic when I heard a strange truck on our street. I looked out the front window just in time to see the fire truck go by. I then saw the ambulance and the EMT supervisor parked next door. I went out the door to find the neighbors 3 year old daughter in their front yard with the paramedics running from the ambulance to the house. I asked the little girl to come to our house to play with my kids and left a note for her dad, letting him know where she was. Apparently my neighbor had collapsed and wasn't able to get herself help. Her daughter saw the neighbor across the street come home briefly and went to ask him to help her mommy. We don't know what caused her to lose consciousness, but what a blessing that the little girl knew to ask for help.

  • School is progressing right along. Princess TD is reading so well. She still doesn't like handwriting or copy work, but she loves to write letters to Little TD, Mommy and Daddy. So, I guess as long as she is writing, that will do for now. She is still loving math and doing quite well with all of the concepts. We are moving right along through the 1st grade books. I do notice that the concepts are getting a little tougher and right now she's catching on quickly, but I do see the day when it will become a challenge and we'll need to slow down a bit. Little TD is still coming along for the ride most days. He seems to have lost interest in doing his own school. But, that's OK, he's only 3!

  • Mr. TD is back into his traveling groove, and so are we! He has had a couple of trips last month and this month and will have a few next month and in June as well. He is loving his new truck, when he gets to drive it, and it fits him well! He's reached the point that it is safe to tow the boat. Now if it would just stay nice on the weekends....

  • It may seem that we have dropped off the face of the earth for many folks. We have been concentrating on school and trying to make connections and build relationships with other homeschoolers. I haven't been back to my Tuesday Bible Study for a while because it is just not a good fit for us right now. I do miss seeing those sweet ladies. I am finding that it is difficult to move outside of your comfort zone and move forward. Sometimes that is what needs to be done. So the quest is on to find some other homeschoolers with little girls about the age of Princess TD that can meet for play time. I know they are out there...I just haven't uncovered the right stone.

No comments: