Monday, April 27, 2009

A Proud Mommy Moment

On the way home from church yesterday we were discussing with the little TD's what they learned in their Sunday school classes. Little TD shared that he learned that Jesus is alive, which is the focus of his class this month. He also talked about singing songs in the children's worship. Princess TD is learning about conviction this month. She talks about how she needs to do the right thing even when others don't. (Isn't this really a struggle that we all have?) She was then trying to remember her memory verse and she asked me for help. I wasn't sure which one she was trying to remember. Last week in school was a "review" week for Bible Study, so we covered five memory verses. I couldn't remember her verse from her class at church, so I told her I didn't remember. So she takes out her Bible. She thinks the verse is in Acts, so she says to herself "Where is Acts?" Then she says "Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts." Turns to Acts chapter 3 and begins reading! She stopped around halfway through the first verse and with a big smile on her face says, "I am reading my Bible! Mommy, I am reading my Bible all by myself and I don't need your help!"

This is why I homeschool! I couldn't bear to let someone else witness the complete joy my children have when they figure something out!

Oh, and we never did figure out what verse she was looking for, we were too busy celebrating her achievement.

1 comment:

edensfamily said...

YAYYYYYY!! What a sweet moment that must have been....on so many levels. It was good to see you last night.