Thursday, April 9, 2009

If Only...

We had to venture out today to pick up some milk and some disinfecting spray to clear the house of germs before Mr. TD returns from out of town. On the way home, Princess TD was talking about the amount of money she had and what she was wanting to do with it.

It seems, though, she only has a few dollars left after her last purchase, and what she wants is more than what she has left. I mentioned that we could create a wish list on the computer and track the amount of money that she has and then we could see how much more she needed to get to her goal. (I am thinking here, whoa...what a great opportunity to teach her about budgeting and money.)

She then told me she wanted to do a real bank, not a pretend one, that way she could get as much money as she wanted whenever she wanted. She then pops off with:

"I wish I could get a money printer like the one you have for your computer."

To which I said, "Me too! But it just doesn't work that way honey."

She replied, "I know. You have a copier right? You can put your dollar bills on the copier and make as many as you want for me."

If only it worked that way....

1 comment:

~Erin said...

Very cute!

Funny, our government seems to think that printing lots of extra money is a-ok... Have they been conferencing with Princess TD?