Friday, February 6, 2009

My Crafty Side

I have been making baby blankets for my friends like crazy these days. It seems that we are in the midst of another baby boom. My Mom is so thrilled that I am now sewing, even though it's not much. I am tempted to attempt to make Princess TD some clothes for this summer, since we are having such a hard time finding her clothes.

I have been using sissors that were passed down to my by my Mom 13 years ago, and prior to that, she used them for as long as I can remember. I have had them sharpened several times, but I think they are getting toward the end of their useful life. So, for my birthday, I asked for new sissors. Guess what...I got some! They are comfort grip which I totally love! I have been cutting and sewing all day, and my hand doesn't hurt! I may keep my well loved trusty ones as a back up, but I have a new favorite!

I also use my Mom's old sewing machine. It was one she bought when her computerized one quit, so it's pretty simple, but it works. I am really not sure how old it is, but I know that it has never been covered in it's life. Since I don't sew often, just in spurts, I thought it would be best if it had some sort of cover. For Christmas, Mr. TD bought me a hard case, but it was HUGE compared with the size of my machine. I made a really cute reversible cover for it today! Princess TD picked out the fabric at WalMart yesterday. So for a mere $5, my machine has a new cover!

Here are a few of the crafty type projects I have done recently.



I am really having fun, but I think I will be putting up my machine for a while, so please don't surprise me with more babies! :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Wow! You have been busy. That's a lot of sewing. Very cute.