Monday, February 9, 2009

My BIG Weekend!

I am still recovering from my BIG weekend! It was such a fun time, I just don't think I can do it justice here.

Awhile back, while reading my friend D'Lyn's blog, I came across a video clip of comedian Tim Hawkins. I checked out his website (www.timhawkins.net) and woke my kids from their nap because I was laughing so hysterically! I discovered he was going to be doing a show at a church nearby, so I sent Mr. TD an e-mail and told him that's where I wanted to go for my birthday. We have some friends who attend that church, so he contacted them to find out what he needed to do. We went. We laughed...and laughed...and laughed. So much so that our stomachs were sore from all of the laughing. We had a blast and met some great folks in the process. I have to say if you ever get the chance to see this guy, you must go!

Mr. TD had also told me that some dear friends of ours were planning to watch our kids on Saturday afternoon so that we could go to a movie. JSue and Rod had offered to watch the kids so that we could go out for Mr. TD's birthday, so I guess he thought it would be good to do that for mine too. Except that is not what was really planned...they planned a surprise party for my 40th birthday! While we were at the movie (we saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop, which we thought was very funny) a few of my close friends and their families assembled at JSue and Rod's house. I had absolutely no clue! I can't even imagine the look on my face when I came around the corner and saw a family that I KNEW wasn't supposed to be there! I must have looked very confused! Several in attendance even perpetuated the cover-up by trying to distract me with messages on my actual birthday! You all got me good! Just remember I was the first, and I have a few years to plan for your BIG days!

Really, I do love all of you guys and it is really special to me that you would come join us to celebrate my birthday. I am so blessed to call you all my friends.

After being out late on Friday night and late on Saturday night, I bet you can guess how church went on Sunday morning! Little TD would not stop whining all through the prayers and devotional (our speaker was a missionary from Croatia, and he is always good and inspirational so I didn't want anyone around me to miss it). He wanted his stuffed puppy (which he chose to leave in the car) and his binky (which he only gets when he sleeps...yes, he's 3 and still has a binky...bad Mom!) and there was nothing I could say or do to calm him. Mr. TD was working (he helps out with a couple of ministries during service), so I packed up both kids and headed to the cry room. I made Princess TD leave one of her good buddies, which upset her immensely, so she began the whining game. For some reason, we have a couple of families who sit in the cry room instead of going into the auditorium, they have done it for years, and they don't have little ones who are making noise. So, I come in with my 2 whining children, and disturb them. I realize that if they didn't like it, they could go into the auditorium, after all, there was room, we had just left. However, I felt bad for "disturbing" their experience, so again, I packed up my children. As I entered the foyer, Mr. TD was finishing up and I said, let's just go home. So we did. We went home, had lunch and crashed! We all needed a nap! We finished out the weekend with pizza and a movie night!

It was a great weekend! Thank you to everyone who helped to make it so special!

No comments: