Friday, August 1, 2008

Busy, Busy Bees

I have been absent from the blog scene for the last couple of weeks. We have been very busy with our life! It all started with a prayer dinner for our friends, the DeCarlos, for their youngest son, Justin. He was supposed to have had open heart surgery yesterday, but it has been postponed until August 21. Please keep them in your prayers over the next few weeks. I can't imagine being ready to go, and then having it postponed. They need to stay well, both the parents and the kids.

The next day began our VBS! It was so much fun for the adults and kids alike. I was in charge of running registration. The first night was absolutely crazy. Everyone showed up about the same time as my helpers, and I didn't get a chance to explain the system of getting the kids signed in, so the parents had to wait a little longer than I really wanted them to wait. All those kinks were worked out by the next night and all went well! Our VBS theme was God's Big Backyard. It was all about serving others. It has made a big impact on Princess TD, she is always talking about serving family, friends, neighbors and Jesus! This year, we took pictures of each of the kids on the stage, mounted them on a keepsake, and handed them out on the last night. Here are the kids pictures:


They love singing the songs and doing the hand motions. I really had a great time and the registration process is right up my organizing alley!


The day after VBS, we were supposed to go to an outdoor theater to see Peter Rabbit, but we decided not to make the trip since the rains from Hurricane Dolly were coming down strong! That turned out to be quite a blessing, because it allowed me to get everything packed for our trip to Abilene for one of Mr. TD's cousins wedding.


We left Friday morning to make the trek to Abilene. Remembering the trip to St. Louis, Princess TD kept asking what state we were in. We kept answering Texas, but it was so confusing for her. We were in the car the same amount of time it took us to get to our stopping point in Oklahoma on our Missouri trip, but on this trip we only stayed in Texas! We kept reminding her that Texas is BIG!!!

The wedding was very nice. The bride was beautiful and the groom was handsome. It was an evening wedding, so we didn't get to visit too long at the reception. The little ones were getting cranky, and after 2 weeks of staying up late, the sleep deprivation was adding up! We had a special birthday party for Mr. TD's uncle the next day. We were able to visit with family that we haven't seen in a very long time! There were a lot of pictures taken, but almost all of them were not by the TD family! I guess we were too busy chasing around Princess TD and Little TD. Princess TD has come home talking about how much she misses her cousin Hannah. It's really pretty sweet, since they have only met a few times and Hannah is starting college at ACU this fall! There is quite an age gap there, but that didn't seem to bother either one of them!

This week has been filled with catching up at home and getting ready for next week. We are officially beginning Kindergarten on Monday! I have my lesson plans ready, my books together and will be preparing the remaining items this weekend. One of the remaining items is something to entertain Little TD while Princess TD is in school. Since he keeps talking about "kool" I think I will start a 3 year old program with him. I'll keep you posted on how that goes! I may need to ask for ideas to keep busy little boys busy!

1 comment:

JSue said...

YAY! You updated...

I am really loving hearing my girls in the backseat singing along to the wonderful CD from God's Big Backyard. I'm hoping that not only do they enjoy the beat and the music, they actually are "getting" the message that they are singing. (A mother can hope, right?) I'm starting to get used to having the same song running through my head 24/7.

I say get Little TD some of the Lauri products to keep him busy while you work with Princess TD. Good thing about Lauri is that any broken or lost parts will be replaced. I've seen these products in stores around town as well as on the internet. Then, while Princess TD is practicing on some things that you have gone over with her, you can do "kool" with Little TD.

BTW, there are a couple of stores we need to visit. One is near me and the other is near Church.

LYLAS ~ JSUE