Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Family Vacation

We are still here! It has been a while since I posted. We have had a busy last few weeks. We were on vacation, and then I was sick.

We took our first ever family vacation where we didn't make the trip to visit family! It was so much fun. We took in the sights in San Antonio.



Our first day was Sea World. We were there when the park opened and stayed until 4:30.

The kids had a blast and we got to see the shows. Princess TD's favorite was Believe.

Little TD's favorite was the ski show!


Well, maybe it was just the boats and jet skis. Like father, like son!

Princess TD took her first roller coaster ride on the kids Shamu Express. Here we are on that ride. I had to document the first roller coaster ride!


After this ride, she wanted to ride one of the bigger coasters in the park. As much as we tried to dissuade her, she was insistent. So while the boys waited for the ski show, Princess TD and I headed off for the Steel Eel. (Really you need to check out the link...it's a crazy coaster!) She did awesome. She didn't scream or ask to get off. After it was over and we were walking out, she said, "I may be tall enough to ride that one, but it's not for little kids. It's a little too scary." She was absolutely straight faced and serious when she said it. I couldn't help but laugh. So I said, "So do you think you might listen to me next time I tell you that maybe it's not something you really want to do?" To that she laughed and gave me a resounding "No!" That's my "independence" girl!

Our second day was spent exploring the Bass Pro Shop, the outlet mall in San Marcos and dinner with friends at the Gruene River Grill. Great food! Great friends! Our kids hit it off and played like they have never missed a day together. Now I just wish we lived closer!

The next day was spent at the Riverwalk and The Alamo. We did the Riverwalk boat tour.

We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for our souvenir t-shirts and then went on to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. We had a walking safari through the three-story restaurant and the kids took a lot of pictures of the animals. Princess TD took this picture:

When she got back to our table, she told Mr. TD that she had seen God and taken His picture. Of course, Mr. TD wanted to see it, so she showed him. He must have had a funny look on his face because I then heard her say, "Well, Daddy, He's holding the world in His hands." You have to love the wisdom of a child!

After lunch we headed to the Alamo. Of course, we had to have the family picture in front of the Alamo. Little TD was getting tired at this point and refused to look at the camera. The whole time we were trying to get him to look, he kept laughing and looking the other way. What a turkey!

Of course, once he saw there were things to climb on, he perked right up and was ready to pose for pictures once again!

The next day we headed out to the San Antonio Zoo. We got some fun pictures there too, but I think this is by far our favorite. This was a python climbing up the glass of its cage. Only about half of the snake was climbing up the glass, the other half was still coiled up on the bottom! Very crazy!



We also got to see hippopotamuses! I don't think I have seen them in a zoo before, or at least I don't remember seeing them. They were just so huge!


Well, that is the condensed version of our family vacation. We had a blast and will do that more often!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey there! I had to come to your blog to find out who you were after you left the comment, glad you have pictures! I had also forgotten you homeschool......I read this about a month ago and have been turning the idea of homeschooling over and over in my head since,http://www.aholyexperience.com/2009/03/pros-and-cons-to-homeschooling-why-we.html. I will definitely want to talk to you about your own experience one day.
God Bless!
Jill

Greta said...

We're headed to San Antonio in September - SeaWorld and the Zoo. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Did you like the Zoo there better or here? Looks like y'all had fun! I am so glad y'all got to go somewhere fun that was just for you guys.