Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Big Weekend

We had a fun and very eventful weekend at the TD house! We went on a family hike at Jesse Jones park. I am not sure how far we walked, but we walked various trails for almost 2 hours. The kids played in the park and we had a picnic lunch. I can see that we will be having a few nature field trips there when the plants start blooming. There were so many things that we talked about even in winter, that I wish I would have had a nature journal ready for the kids to take along. I will be better prepared next time.


Examining the Cypress bark with Daddy.


Following Daddy down the trail.



One of the highlights of our trek was seeing 4 deer feeding on the side of the trail. We crept as slowly and quietly as we could closer and closer to the deer. From my perspective, they appeared to be does, but one, maybe two were fawns.


This shot is when we first spotted the deer on the trail edge.


Relaxing at the end of the hike.

Since my sister has not yet had her baby, I was called into duty as the best Aunt ever (OK, it's really just because I live in Houston), to get my niece and nephew to their gymnastics meet in Katy. So, N & C came in on Saturday afternoon to stay the night with us so I could get them to their meet on Sunday. It was a great venue and a fun time. It was the first time I was able to see them compete. N started competing first. She had sprained her ankle at Fridays practice, so she was only supposed to compete bars and beam. Well, she made the decision to compete all events. I guess it was good she did...she placed 3rd on floor! C did very well too. He competed all events and received medals for 3 of them. I don't remember the places, but he got a medal for vault, parallel bars and either rings or horizontal bar, I can't remember which. Unfortunately during his medal ceremony, I was trying to keep my eye on the two crazy girls, Princess TD and N. Here they are displaying their medals.


While Princess TD and I were gone at the meet all day, Mr. TD and Little TD got Little TD's bike ready for him to ride. We got it from our neighbor when he outgrew it last year. It is still in great shape, so we were grateful for the gift. Little TD's tricycle broke last week while he was riding it. It no longer turns the wheel when you pedal (it did go through 3 kids, so I guess it's just worn out), so we had to do something else. We thought we would try the "big" bike before we purchased a smaller one. Well, he LOVES it! He is doing great riding up and down the street, down driveways and up to the sidewalk. It's like he's been riding for ages! I guess he's a big boy now!

No comments: