Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Bit Envious

I am feeling envious this year of all of the moms and kids out shopping for school supplies. I always loved picking out new folders, pencils and such for the start of the school year. I just look as I walk past all of the new folders, lunchboxes, crayons (I just LOVE new crayons) and all of the other stuff that goes along with it.

As a homeschooler, I don't NEED much of that kind of stuff. The pack of pencils I bought 2 or so years ago when we were doing preschool, still has more than enough to cover us probably through the elementary years! We don't lose pencils, we don't share them, so a pack of 10 will last quite a while! We do need paper and other consumables, but not much.

We do get to "shop" for curriculum, but again, I am set in that area too. We have found something that works, and we're not "shopping" for anything new. We just have to pick a date and start.

In past years, we have purchased school supplies to donate to needy children. We did that again this year, so I got my school supply fix by purchasing supplies for our pantry for the needy at our church.

I feel so much better having bought new pencils, erasers and crayons. Now we can start school!

No comments: