Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We've been all over!

We left Texas to visit my family in St. Louis, Missouri, the Saturday before Memorial Day. We went from home to Tulsa, Oklahoma to spend the night before going on to St. Louis the next day. We spent three days there visiting various places and family. We then left there and headed to Little Rock, Arkansas. After spending the night there, we visited the Little Rock Zoo before heading off to Ft. Polk, Louisiana, for my nephew's birthday party. When we left Louisiana, we brought my neice and nephew home with us for a visit. At the end of the week out of town, we stopped in 5 states and covered close to 2000 miles! It feels like we spent half of our vacation in the car! Both kids enjoyed the trip and I think we were able to keep them entertained in the car so that none of us went crazy! I will post on each activity separately so that this doesn't turn into a huge post!

After the week long visit with the cousins, my sister and her husband came in for the weekend to pick up the kids. The Dads took all of the kids out in the boat for a fun day of tubing and swimming, and in Little TD's case, fishing with his new "Cars" fishing pole! My sister and I had a great girls day at the Gulf Coast Home Educators Conference. My sister was able to get some great information for my neice and nephew and now has a plan of attack for next year. I was able to get my hands on a couple of the curriculums I was considering and I now know what I will use with Princess TD for next year.

All and all, it was a great vacation!

1 comment:

erinlo said...

Wow- you guys DID go all over- I'm so impressed! How do your kids do in the car?? (I'd like to know if you have any secrets!)

I am really missing you right now, woman! Hope all is well.
Love, Erin