Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's been awhile...

It seems like just a few weeks ago I posted here.  Time has flown by so quickly.  I guess that happens when you are preoccupied with an illness combined with normal everyday family activities. 

Over the next few days, I will be updating you on quite a few things that have been happening around the TD Family household.  For now, I will start with the most obvious.

Princess TD cut off her hair!!

Yes.  She finally let my stylist cut her hair - it only took 4 tries!!  She decided that she wanted to let it grow long enough to donate it to a charity.  While most kids her age donate to Locks of Love, she opted to go with Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  With the Pantene program, her hair is guaranteed toward making a wig for a cancer patient.  She really wanted that.  She helped my cousin, Jo, pick out her wig after her diagnosis, so this was dear to her heart. 

I am so proud of my little girl for being so generous.

We have had a few tears over the missed long hair, but she is convinced it will be long again next week.  Well, it won't actually be next week, but it will grow back!

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own collage

In case you were wondering about the song, she said this was her favorite song.  It is called When I Get to Heaven by PureNRG.

1 comment:

Shellie said...

wow! I can't believe she did it! wait, yes I can! It is so adorable!!!!!!